Dr. Nahrain Shasteen is Perrysburg, Ohio's Fellowship Trained Optometrist.
Evidence based practices at the forefront…..
Dr. Shateen ranks in the Top 10% of Optometrist in the United States.
- She is the ONLY pediatric and vision therapy masters fellowship trained and published optometrist in the Toledo Area; a distinction achieved by less than 10% of optometrists nationwide!
- Her research has been published and presented at meetings of the American Academy of Optometry and The Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
- Her experience as a clinical researcher provides her a unique insight in reviewing current studies to provide you with the most advanced and scientifically based eye care.
- She served as a clinical attending in the primary care, binocular vision, and pediatric clinics of The Ohio State University College of Optometry.
- She is a member of the American Optometric Association, the Ohio Optometric Association, and the College of Optometrists in Vision Development.
Accolades and Awards
- Fellow in the America Association of Optometry
- Clinical Assitant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine and Life Sciences, The University of Toledo
- Guest lecturer at the University of Findlay
- Winner 2015 Toledo Area Parent Family Favorite Optometrist
- Featured in 2016 Toledo Area Parent and 2018 Toledo City Paper Top Docs
- Volunteer for the American Optometric Association InfantSee Program® and2008 recipient of the InfantSee Scholarship
- Volunteer for the Ohio Optometric Association Realeyes Program
……..timeless values at our core.™
The Modern Heritage Distinction
- We emphasize personalized care using the most modern, evidence-based practices in optometry.
- You get more time with the doctor and the confidence that your questions will be answered.
- We are proud to be the one of four offices in Ohio and the ONLY office in the Greater Toledo Area to bring out patients Vivid Vision, a fully immersive virtual reality treatment program to improve the ability of the eye to work together and see in 3D!
Dr. Shasteen's Publications
- Shasteen NM, Kulp MT, Mitchell GL. 2012. Test-retest reliability of the convergence insufficiency symptom survey in individuals with accommodative insufficiency. Optom Vis Sci 2012:89;E-abstract 125398.
- Shasteen NM, Nguyen L, Kulp MT. 2011. Comparison of visual acuity testing at 5 versus 10 feet in school-aged children. Optom Vis Sci 2011:88:E-abstract 115788.
- Owusu E, Mitchell GL, Shasteen NM, Bailey MD, Kao CY, Kulp MT. 2015. Ciliary muscle thickness in accommodative insufficiency. Optom Vis Sci 2015:92; E-abstract 150020
- Kulp MT, Shasteen NM, Mitchell GL, Bailey MD, Kao, CY, Richdale, KR. 2017. Effect of Accommodative Therapy on Ciliary Muscle. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2017